BKL is a firm of accountants and tax advisers, with over 180 people based in London and Cambridge. Following a number of mergers and continued growth, they were keen for their brand identity to reflect their full range of services and expertise, as well as their values and personality.
We helped to define their brand strategy, which centred around the core proposition and existing BKL value of ‘Making a difference’. This might be to their clients, to the business, to their careers, to their community.
From this base, we crafted a set of words that concludes with BKL. Build Bright. This means that BKL builds bright ideas, bright relationships and bright futures.
This is reflected in a visual identity that uses an angle in the logo to divide what is untouched by BKL and what is inspired by BKL.
We created a set of materials that creates contrasts between the two sides of the slant, by embossing and debossing, varnishing, black and white to coloured imagery.
We have rolled out the identity to stationery, reports, folders, brochures, adverts, building signage and their website.
The identity has been very well received by staff and clients.
– Fee income increased by 16.73% in comparison to the previous year
– Fee income increased by £2m when compared against a similar 3 month period prior to the rebrand
– They climbed 12 places in Accountancy Age’s Top 50+50 (this was the 5th highest increase of anyone in the top 50 that year)
– Enquiries via the website have increased by 90.5% since rebrand
– On average 33% more time is spent on the website since rebrand
– There is also an 8.3% increase in page views on the website since the rebrand
– Awarded Silver at the Transform Awards 2018