Barwood are a Northampton based property group made up of three separate businesses: Barwood Land, Barwood Homes and Barwood Capital.
Their identity was old and tired and they wanted a new set of websites they could manage themselves. They required an identity that would work for all three sectors that have considerably different needs: land acquisition, residential developments and property investment.
Initially we held a workshop to establish their core proposition and personality with the key stakeholders of the project. We then used these to inform our creative brief.
We created a new set of logos and look and feel, which reflect the proposition ‘Clever property, enriching lives’. We also used large glowing words in titles to support this. We introduced colour palettes and the approach to imagery for each of the businesses.
We have designed a suite of websites to sit together and completed a substantial amount of collateral for the different businesses, including corporate brochures and product literature, adverts and signage for their residential developments.
The feedback from clients has been very positive. The new identity has gone a long way in positioning the group where it belongs.
– DBA Design Effectiveness Award Bronze Award
– +160% rise in turnover from 2017 to 2018.
– +388% increase in gross profit from 2017 to 2018
– +200% Increase in funds under management from 2017 to 2018
– +158% Increase in investors from 2015 to 2017
– +225% Increase in new investors from 2015 to 2017
– +285% Increase in website users
– +162% Increase in Twitter followers from 2016 to 2018
– +643% Increase in LinkedIn followers from 2016 to 2018
– 2 Joint ventures with a care home developer and an investment manager have helped them build a multi-let industrial portfolio
– 6 people have joined the team since 2016. No one has left in this time.